DeGiro Broker review will give you all the ins and outs you need to know. DeGiro is an affordable and easy-to-use platform which has gained a lot of popularity in the UK. Due to the low rates on brokerage it offers, people are using it to make quick money. Their commissions are much lesser than most of their competitors in the market. DeGiro, without a doubt, has revolutionized the market their new offerings and services.
DeGiro is an official licensed and regulated company of different authorised organizations. The Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and The Netherlands Financial Markets Authority (AFM) has approved DeGiro to operate under regulatory supervision. The broker is also officially registered with the English Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
In spite of being affordable, there are some other aspects of DeGiro which you should be aware of. In this article, we are going to research DeGiro and discuss crucial details about the broker in this DeGiro review.
What makes DeGiro unique?
DeGiro is very popular for a reason; they offer a lot of unique features. Having looked at all aspects of DeGiro, these are our top findings:
- Fast trading – you can respond immediately while using DeGiro. They offer fast trading features with the QuickOrder button. It can be found at the top of every page.
- Real-time streaming prices – with the help of this broker you have access to real-time prices of all your stocks and bonds in all the major European and American markets.
- Bid / ask spread in order book – check and analyse the depth of your order book on Euronext to at least 5 levels with DeGiro.
- Orders placed by amount – you can now place all of your orders with the number of stocks or by the value of the order. It is much simple and more convenient.
- Create your favourites list – the WebTrader feature of DeGiro allows you to create several lists of all your favourite products.
What Are The Commissions & Fees?
DeGiro offers its traders low fees. Their pricing scheme is quite transparent and you can easily get details regarding their platform. Among all the online market brokers, DeGiro is the cheapest of them all. In the UK on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), if you are planning to buy two Euro shares, then you will have to pay a commission of 0.04% of the total amount of transactions. There is no commission to be paid in the collection of dividends or any other kind of expenses for the maintenance of your accounts. DeGiro also offers its clients CFDs services. Here is a detailed description of the fees that are charged by DeGiro you should be aware of:
- 1 deal every month, total of 12 trades, £5,000 trade value = £34.68 (£1.75 + 0.014% per trade + £0 as annual fees)
- 3 deals every month, total of 36 trades, £5,000 trade value = £104.04 (£1.75 + 0.014% per trade + £0 as annual fees)
- 10 deals every month, total of 120 trades, £5,000 trade value = £346.8 (£1.75 + 0.014% per trade + £0 in annual fees)
- 20 deals every month, total of 240 trades, £5,000 trade value = £693.6 (£1.75 + 0.014% per trade + £0 in annual fees)
Usually, most of the brokers in the market charge at €4.00 + 0.156%. That is why DeGiro is quite cheap. You must also know about the annual charge of €2.50 according to the calendar year per exchange you have traded on (outside LSE).
DeGiro Platform and Tools
DeGiro online broker offers a wide range of tools that helps you to trade and invest in a really sophisticated way. DeGiro operates on a global scale and they provide the transactions directly into the market instead of any local subsidiary. DeGiro allows the traders to hold their assets for a longer period of time. They have an Interactive Graph feature that helps you to customize your charts and there is a wide range of different indicators that you can actually choose from.
The ‘Key Figures and ‘Documents’ tabs are really useful in displaying information. DeGiro features a monitor that gives you a clear idea about the details regarding ISIN code identifiers and also numerical representation. It is really easy to use and quite intuitive as well. Making it much easier for people to get quick updates.
DeGiro Mobile and Virtual Trading
DeGiro has its own exclusive app for trading. They facilitate the idea of mobile trading with their app and allows you to access your portfolio using a very easy 5 digit security login. You can trade in stocks, trackers, funds, future options, etcetera. without any hassle from the app. The best feature of the app is its ability to offer users with worldwide trading experience. From Sydney to Tokyo, you can easily invest on a global scale with the help of DeGiro. Get all details regarding your investments in one place with the use of the virtual trading app. The app is available for free.
Is DeGiro a trustworthy broker?
DeGiro is currently one of the most trustworthy brokers in the market in 2020. People from all over the world, who are interested to trade in the major European and American markets, use DeGiro for the best results and performance. DeGiro UK has already been authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). They have won over 65+ international awards related to the industry. DeGiro is registered with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Amsterdam under no. 34342820. DeGiro is the recipient of the CashCow Broker Award 2019 in the Netherlands. Nasdaq and Euronet are their official partners. So, you can understand how well the broker platform is progressing in the world stage, which makes it easily one of the most reliable brokers.
Which investment options does DeGiro offer?
DeGiro review shows it offers a lot of investment options in stocks, bonds, options, warrants, futures, and CFDs as well. Take a look at more details:
- Stocks – DeGiro allows its users to invest their money in a different and diverse number of stocks across most of the major European and American markets.
- Cryptoassets – cryptocurrency is a great medium of investment for many people. So you can invest and buy currencies like Bitcoins and Litecoin using DeGiro.
- Commodities – trade in the popular commodities market using DeGiro. Put your money in gold, silver, crude oil, etc.
- Currencies – trading in currencies can also give you a lot of profits in the long run. Thus, it DeGiro allows you to do that without too many hassles.
- EFTs’ – Exchange-traded funds allow you to create a diverse portfolio of your favourite stocks at a reasonable price.
- Indices – investing in index funds has always been popular since ages. At DeGiro, you can get solid returns by investing carefully in the indices.
What are the trading conditions of DeGiro?
DeGiro has some formalities that need to be taken care of before you can start investing. The broker offers its services of licensed investment and trading to the users based on the official MiFID cross-border service regime under European Union laws and regulations. So, they are officially approved for providing the service. Unlike most other brokers in the market, DeGiro does not have any kind of minimum investment. You can start with any money you have.
DeGiro review – Pros and Cons of this broker
Every broker-agent has its own set of pros and cons. Similarly, DeGiro in spite of being really popular and affordable, you should be aware of their cons as well. Take a look at the pros and cons of DeGiro in this segment:
- Degiro offers the lowest commissions that are available for stock trading in the UK
- Simple and intuitive UI in English
- Properly regulated servers for the best safety and security of transactions
- Updates regularly in order to keep the clients tuned with new tools and features
- An amazing platform to create long term portfolio in stock trading
- The platform requires a few tweaks and UI improvements to make it, even more, easier to use and manage
- The platform lacks essential orders
- Since they are getting into CFDs, there are much better competitors available
- DeGiro lend the share of their own clients to other investors for the purpose of overall cost reduction
Who is the target audience for DeGiro?
DeGiro is mainly focused to attract the fairly young investors and traders who are interested in trading online with a secured platform. They also want to attract fairly new traders who do not have huge experience in the markets. So they might be interested in trading using this reliable platform that changes much lesser commissions. DeGiro’s main focus has always been to provide the traders with smooth and fluid experience while trading in global markets to make money.
DeGiro offers quick and easy to access customer service to all their licensed clients around the world 24×7 effortlessly. The support team consists of well-trained professionals who can help you solve a lot of difficulties in no time. You can reach them at +45 89 88 62 81 or send an email to their address email@example.com. DeGiro clients have been really happy with the overall customer support of DeGiro over time.
Final Verdict DeGiro review
It is time for the conclusion of this DeGiro review! DeGiro is a reliable and affordable broker which can actually help you get the best trading experience. Their very reliable pricelist has made it absolutely attractive to a lot of traders. However, certain weaknesses make it a sceptical platform for a lot of people as well. If the developers can work on improving their shortcomings, then DeGiro can be one of the best platforms to trade for stocks, trackers, funds in 2020. Their efficient and highly professional customer service ensures that all their customers are doing great in their respective markets. So, for the price of the services asked and taking into all considerations, DeGiro is a great brokerage and can really become one of the best.
Want to compare DeGiro review with Forex.com review? Click here.